[Xprint] No printing from Mozilla 1.7.8 nor from Thunderbird

Godfrey Harrison harrison at macau.ctm.net
Mon Aug 29 20:35:49 EDT 2005

What do I need to do to get prints of my e-mails and from printer
friendly versions of web-pages &, even, web pages?

I am running Mozilla & Thunderbird, under Debian 3.1 Sarge, and can't
print anything from them.  I can print using Open Office, gedit, and
Abiword and Evolution.
 Mozilla & Thunderbird work fine EXCEPT no printing!

I installed today

         xprint 1:0.1.0.alpha1-10
&
         xprint-common 1:0.1.0.alpha1-10

and now get a different failure to print:
I can choose from a list of possible printing possibilities
The lp-64 one connects to my Lexmark E210 printer - its comes to life &
its green lights blinks a time or two but nothing else happens.   The
choice of E210-1 - the only offered printer with, say, gedit - doesn't
in Thunderbird get even a blink!  But the choice of E210-1 is the one
that works with Open Office, Abiword, & gedit printing.

Suggestions welcome & needed!

James