[Xprint] Problem Printing Greek

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Fri Dec 16 12:47:14 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 16:02 +0100, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
> Sophocles Metsis wrote:

> So now it seems that generating "pdf" files also does not work OK (at
> least for some non-Latin html pages). I could reproduce your bug by
> printing to a pdf from http://www.enet.gr/online/online. BTW in my case
> the pdf's do not go to /tmp/Xprintjobs but to ~/Xprintjobs.

I tested this web site too.  In my case the pdf output is the same as
the paper output. The header and footer are being printed on separate
pages but apart from that the main text prints ok on the second of the
three pages. I can also print my pdf file to paper, it produces the same
3 pages as printing directly from Firefox.

> Maybe xprint bends the rules of PostScript in some way.

Yes, I fear this may be the case. Unfortunately you're right, I don't
understand the Xprint internals well enough to fix them.

Drew