[Xprint] Problem Printing Greek

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Fri Dec 23 16:43:50 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 10:33 +0100, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
> sopho metsis wrote:
> > Hello,

> Drew, you said in your message that you have no problem generating the
> pdf. How about the ps? Don't you have the problem of "huge text shown by
> ps viewer"?

No, the pdf file views just fine, whether from xpdf or from gv.
Moreover I can produce a postscript file from it using pdf2ps, which
also views fine from gv.

I get the huge-text-in-ps-viewer problem, but only when I use firefox to
"print to file" or select the xp_ps_spooldir printer, generating the
postscript directly.  My pdf files (printed from xp_pdf_spooldir) are
okay.  I might jokingly suggest subverting Xprint's postscript
generation by reconfiguring it to first print to pdf and then apply
pdf2ps to produce the desired postscript file.

Interesting to note that the header is now printed on the same page as
the main text from Firefox 1.5, which hit Debian unstable this week.
That's a bit of progress, then.

Drew