[Xprint] XPrint and Gtk2

Christoph Simon christoph at kiosknet.com.br
Mon Jul 18 21:50:25 EDT 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to use Xprint from within a gtk2
program and how I would have to proceed. Would I have to setup a
secondary X connection (to Xprt) and trick gtk somehow to use it,
redisplay the widgets with whatever I want to print (maybe disabling
the window decoration)? Is there some clean way to do it? I know, that
I can get the X-Display from gtk, so I should be able to find the
printer list and configuration options, but what about the page
preview? Is there some simple sample code which I could use for learning?
I think mozilla uses Xprint, but I would like to avoid having to read
all of the mozilla code to find out.

Thanks,

Christoph